Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It has begun.

I just published the first of my showcase pages.  This one is for First Platoon of my 14th Imperial Task Force, please check it out.  It's located on the side bar under the "About Me" section or here: 1st Platoon Showcase.   I spent a good half hour taking the photos and getting all the proper models together for the entire Platoon.  I am going to try and do another showcase this week.  I will post even unfinished squads and then update the photos as they are painted.  2nd Platoon still has a lot of men to paint as does the Specialist platoon.  So, all you watchers will be able to see what's to come and how I am progressing as a painter and collector.  I will be doing something similar for my BFG fleet, though I will be dividing my fleet into a few battlegroups to make the photos less clustered.  Once I finish painting all of my ships I shall take a group photo, which will be huge, which is what I though when I took the last one.

Thanks for checking in.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Siluria Update

I have finally worked on my Light Cruiser again, after many, many months of sitting in a heap of parts on a side table.  I started work again by adding some hull details and making a weapon battery for the top of the prow.

Below is a detail shot of some of the first details which I added to the hull below the bridge.  Obviously there were a few bare spots left to fill on the next day I worked.

As of last week this is what I had accomplished.  I've shortened the vessel because it nearly matched the length of the Dauntless models.  Even though it's got the same amount of hit points I felt it should be somewhat smaller due to the fact it does not have to have room for lances or torpedoes.  Also, the weapon battery I made was askew in two dimensions due to one of the guns on an end.  So, I chopped it off and then it sat much flatter and more symmetrically in the spot.

Lastly I had to detail the rest of the hull, the bottom of the prow, and the bridge.  Here is a view of that assembled.

Here's a view of the front of the bridge.

So, after almost 7 months this project can be tacked as complete.  As I said I will need to cast another weapons bay once I have the required materials.  I also plan on making a mould for the whole thing so I can cast up some copies.  
Let me know what you think.