Here's a little post of a bit of converting I have been up to. This is my first Rough Rider of what will be a squad of 10. Last month I bought a 10 man Cadian squad and 2 sets of Medieval horses from GW. I started out by picking the set of legs that was closest to working, then I had to do a lot of cutting and shaving to get them to fit.
Here you can really see all of the material I had to remove.
Then, I had to fill a lot back in with green stuff. While that was still pliable I started on the torso because I also had to sculpt the hand holding the lance. I filled in around the neck and all seams on the horse as well.
For the lance tips my brother gave me a bunch of skeleton spears and I took the plainer looking type to use. Much more imposing with a spear tip on there.
Behind the point I added a small box with a light and a wire leading to the point.
That's all on these for now since I do not want to repose and sculpt all of the legs I will be casting copies of this sculpt to use for all of them. Just ordered some silicon and resin to do so, should have it soon. I will also make a mold of some of the BFG stuff I have scratched.