Saturday, January 19, 2013

MURDER: INITIATE!

I don't really care for Ogyrns, I mean sure they endearingly stupid and naive but they're abhumans.  So, here's my solution so that I can use Ogyrns in my army; Mechanicus constructed Murder Servitors.  They're big, they're mean, they have guns for hands.  I built these guys a while back (over a year ago I think) and I finally got around to painting them thanks to an ongoing challenge.  My friend Kevin and I have agreed to paint 1 unit a week for the foreseeable future, barring and sickness or vacations.  If one of us fails to complete something in a given week, then we owe the other $20.  The first week I painted my Recon Grenadiers and he finished his Cygnar Stormwall.  Last week he painted his Mordhiem Warband and I started these guys.  I did not get too much done and wound up owing him 20 bucks.  This week I spent 4 nights working on these guys and finished them!

Here they are ready to murder your troops!

All that skin and muscle detail is the reason they took so long, I will say that I would never want to paint an Ogre army...



That's it for now, next week I am going to try and paint my rebuilt Mordhiem warband.  Last time I used Empre State Troops. I wanted a grittier look so I have remade them using Empire Militia and Empire Greatswords.  I am very pleased with how they turned out.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I use a few different flesh tones and then vary them by mixing lighter, darker, or with each other. You can achieve a good flesh shading with a minimum of three colors. You don't just want to use the same color but add black or white, using similar but distinct colors helps the highlights and shading come through better.

    I start with I think it's called rinox hide now. Then highlight with bestial brown. Then again with dwarf flesh. Then I mix dwarf flesh and elf flesh and highlight again. Highlight one last time with pure elf flesh. Lastly I go back and low light with tallarn flesh to shadow some areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great and so does that scenery.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?