Also, they don't include any decals other than some stenciled markings, which I paint over anyway... So, I got some Soviet markings and lettering/numbering from my favorite hobby shop Section 8. Below you can see the version with the dual 152mm cannons because if one is good two will be better.
|I used AK washes and grimes for the weathering. Had to buy more of their white spirit since other thinners don't seem to cut it for the streak marks.|
|I kind of regret not putting a star on the front, as I had with the KV-47 Aero.|
|I did not add any extra stowage as I do with my German walkers.|
|Though this scheme is simpler than my German camo, it does involve color modulation. So, it takes about as long as painting the camouflage.|
|Here is the other version, with dual heavy Gatling cannons.|
|"For the Motherland!"|
This picture also shows off the texture I added to the front portion of the hull. I gave it a cast look with some Tamyia Mr. Surfacer. It's great stuff.
|"Repaired April 1947"|
Just check out this reshot picture of the Panther from my last post and I think you can see the difference this light really makes. Brings out the truer colors and details much nicer.