Sunday, February 8, 2015

Dust Warfare: Red Thunder

A couple of months ago I finally decided to paint some of my Soviet infantry.  The first thing I had to do was look at some historical references.  A few google image searches gave me an idea of what I was looking for and I went out and expanded my collection of Vallejo paints.  

This unit mostly focuses on its two rocket launchers in game and you can use them to engage light to medium vehicles rather well.  That's not to say they can't handle infantry.  The guys with the machine guns all have underslung grenade launchers adding a few extra dice to that punch.  As with my Germans I added stocks to the guns.  I just feel it makes them seem a bit more realistic.  Something to note with these models is that they come with equipment on their belts and backs.  This was a nice change from the earlier Axis and Allied models who did not have anything on them.  I had to add it to my Axis troops.


I changed up the basing from my Germans a bit and went for more of the patchy style that was featured on the Ta-152 model's stand.



Let's hear some love for the Dust universe.  It's got a pretty cool storyline and a killer aesthetic which really drew me in.  The folks in my usual game group don't play the game but I recently found some people in my area who do play.  I even went with them to a small tournament in Toronto where my distinct lack of play experience really showed.  Oh well. 



EDIT:  I've got posts ready to get through May of this year.  So be ready for an actual update schedule.  *GASP* I know.  Expect the first and third Wednesdays of every month.  Perhaps more If I post what I am actually working on in real time.  Though I may just keep tacking the posts onto the end of the queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?