Monday, February 28, 2011

Teams

So, back in January I went to my first tournament. A 2k point team tournament in Syracuse at Millennium Games. A group of four of us drove over from Buffalo. I was teamed up with my friend and his Space Wolves, and my brother teamed up his Blood Angels with our other friend's Guard.

Scoring was as follows, 20 points per win, loss 5, draw 10.
Up to 48 points for sportsmanship. Up to 46 points for painting.
Then 7 judges points for whatever.
3 rounds, 2.5 hours each.
So, here's a look at my Task Force 14.


HQ

Company Command Sqaud 50
Power Sword 10
Standard
15
Vox
5
Bodyguard 15
Fleet Officer 30
Heavy Support
Leman Russ Battle Tank 150
Lascannon 15
Bolters
20
Stubber
10
Fast Attack
Vendetta Gunship 130
Bolters
10
Elites

Psykers
60
2 Psykers
20
Chimera Transport 55
Stubber
10
Extra Armor 15
Troops

Veterans
70
3 Shotguns
Vox
5
3 Meltas
30
demolitions 30



Infantry Platoon
Command 30
Vox
5
Powersword 10






Squad 1
50
Vox
5
Flamer
5
Commissar 35
Powersword 10
Lascannon 20
Squad 2
50
Grenade Launcher
5
Lascannon 20

And my team mate's list:
Rune Priest: Chooser of the Slain(110)

Wolf Guard x4: PF/combi-melta ; PF/combi-plasma; PW/combi-flamer; (137)

Grey Hunters x8: Plasma Gun (130)
-Rhino :Extra Armor (50)
Grey Hunters 9: Melta (140)
-Rhino: Extra Armor (50)
Grey Hunters x5: melta (75)
Razorback: Twin-linked Heavy Bolters (40)

Long Fangs x5: Missile Launchers x4 (115)
Long Fangs x5: 2x Las-canons, 2x ML(145)

The first game was Dawn of War with 2 objectives. 1st HQ dead from each team is additional objective. We played against a Tau/Black Templars team(HERESY!).
Turn 1
I camped the blob of guard on the one objective and concentrated my forces towards that side. Keeping the Vendetta in reserve. Team mate moved his rhinos up towards the enemy objective and popped smoke and moved his long fangs into an elevated position. I took a pot shot with the russ at a Devilfish and failed miserably. My psykers in the Chimera moved forward behind the rhinos to be in range for next turn.

For they're move they made a general advance, moving some firewarriors onto the objective. The Templars began moving towards my blob.

Turn 2
My Vendetta with Melta vets did not outflank.
I ordered Bring it Down! on the enemy's vindicator for the blob's lascannons, and well they brought it down. The leman russ failed again. The long fangs immobilised the devilfish.
One of the grey hunter squads assaulted the firewarriors they fled.

On their turn they advanced again, 2 Rhinos getting closer to the blob in cover. The Tau HQ suit deep struck next to my Russ and melta-failed. It was sad. Broadsides targeted my Chimera and popped it, pinning my psykers and killing 1 of them. A squad of crisis suits charged the grey hunters and a shield drone dealt the only wound of the combat. The Wolfs did not make the save, and ended up fleeing the combat.

Turn 3
The vendetta shows up on the right flank. My command squads move into cover overlooking my objective. The grey hunters move toward the enemy objective again. The other grey hunters move to the center to block enemy units there.
The Vedetta blows up one of the Templar Rhinos and the melta vets stun the other one.
Lascannons do nothing, the leman russ manages to kill a few templars.
Long fangs kill the Hq suit.
The grey hunters in the middle pop the last rhino and the others charge the crisis suits again. This time they kill 2 of them.


The enemy makes ready to counter attack. Another templar squad arrives via deep strike near my HQ squads. Not much occurs in the way of shoot aside from pistols. They may have destroyed a rhino, or just the storm bolter.
One of the Templar squads shoots their plasma gun by accident, this denies them the charge. Thankfully. The Grey hunters are defeated in combat again.

Turn 4
My HQ shoots the deep struck assault squad. The Russ picks off a few more templars.
The psykers move to cover and fail to use their power. I charge the nearest templar unit to deny them the objective. The marines kill a nice chunk of my men, but I manage to kill some of them as well.

The assault squad moves in and engages my platoon command. The squads in the middle engage, the Templar HQ(Emperor's Champ I believe) and the Rune priest engaging in single combat. My platoon command is destoyed, and I losemany more guardsmen near the objective but kill all but a Techmarine in that squad. Combat at center is a draw.

Turn 5
The remains of the blob attempt to shoot the next templar unit. Do nothing. The russ hits the assault squad and kills all but 1. My Company command fails to kill it even with 1st rank 2nd rank.
Center combat ends with the rune priest dead.

The Vendetta goes down in flames. The assault marine burns some HQ guys. The templar squad wipes out the squad and ends up on the objective. Center combat favors the Space wolves.

Turn 6
A space wolf rhino tanks shocks the templars away from the objective and towards the Russ, but blocks LOS for the Vets. Everything shoots at that squad. We manage to kill all but 3. The Space wolves win the center combat.

The enemy does not need to do anything. They hold 2 objectives, we held 1 and contested 1.

We lost, all because of fail wolves losing to a shield drone. lol

Game 2
Spearhead, Kill points

We ended up having to play against the people we rode out with, which sucked, we had already practiced with them twice, beating them those two times.

The game was pretty boring, cover save after cover save on an urban map. I am not going to turn by turn this one. It was awful, but we ended up drawing 7-7. So it wasn't all bad.

Game 3
Pitched Battle, Victory Points.

We had a weird board for this one. The base was all tiles with big groves so we need to roll our dice in a box to avoid excessive tilts. Terrain was a bunch of huge buildings with bases extending 3 minutes out from the perimeter counting as area terrain.

We deployed behind 2 of the largest building, watching the left side and the central plaza. The enemy was Guard and Eldar, the deployed nearly the same, but with 2 leman russes nearly in the open watching the center.
The enemy has a power, I forget what it's called but it does such: all psychic tests roll on 3d6 and any fail is a perils.

Turn 1.
The Space wolves move up on the left and into the center. My psykers proceed to perils, lol, I had to try it, 3 die. Lascannons bring down a Leman Russ Vanquisher. Russ stuns the other one.

They make a grand advance pop one of my team mates rhino. That's about it.

Turn 2
I kill the other Russ and stun on of their wave serpents. SW in the center advance and kill some eldar.

Their left flank moves up and de mechs all of the space wolves, killing most of them. Banshees and guardsmen wipe out all of the SW. The guard consolidate into cover.

Turn 3
My Russ Moves to reinforce the left and fires at some banshees. Center SW engage a lot of eldar.

The banshees engage my blob in CC. I lose a handful of guardsmen and kill all but one.

Turn 4
My Vendetta moves on from the right, so I move flat out towards the action. Combat continues in the middle and with the banshee, who dies.

They manage to kill some SW in CC and try like hell to bring down my Vendetta, but it's save, well, saves it.

Turn 5
The Vendetta fires at an Eldar vehicle and pops it. The vets dismount and fire at some aspect warriors. SW wipe out the unit they are engaged with.

Another unit charges the SW and nearly dies.

That's it, we dealt a lot of damage to them, and my team mate took some heavy losses, but the only real losses that I took were to my Psyker squad. So we ended up winning by a pretty good margin.

For our effort out team went home with "Fought the Good Fight." I got a t-shirt and he got a box of dice. It was a fun day, but I was upset with our painting score and the fact we had to play our friends.

The person who ended up winning overall had the best painting score and won all 3 games. They had a pretty nicely painted but commissioned ork army with a nicely painted tyranid army as their team mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?